Meditation and calming down the monkey mind
“When you become the master of your mind, you are master of everything.”
- Swami Satchidananda -
"Monkey Mind", a term that refers to our internal monologue
You CAN train your mind to be free of all this chatter
You CAN train your mind as you can train your body
Becoming conscious of your emotions
Taming your monkey mind will do all of the following for you
- It will give you clarity of mind;
- It will allow you to focus on the present and on the task at hand;
- It will improve the quality of your sleep;
- It will increase your sense of calm and well-being;
- It will make you happier.
Meditating is the most effective technique you can use to calm your monkey mind. By meditating you’ll be training your mind to become still, and you’ll be regaining power and control over your thoughts.
If you create a daily practice of meditation you’ll become skilled at quieting your mind and at silencing the monkey mind at will.