Become An Expert & Learn How To Teach Breathwork
Certified Breathwork Instructor
- 4.9 out of 5 (567 ratings)
- 37 Yoga Alliance® registered CEU points
- 110 Lessons
- Total of 35+ hours of content
- Personal development program
- 5 Live sessions with Q&A
- 'Breath is Life' course included
Become a certified LIFE AWARENESS™ Breathwork Instructor
In this complete breathwork instructor/ coach training program, you will be taught extensively about the science behind breathwork, teaching, how to create sessions responsibly, and how to arrange your life financially to generate an honest way of living out of your teaching.
Take your breathing practice to the next level.
Above that, this course is also an inner transformation journey of 4 weeks, not only by doing lots of daily breathwork and mind training sessions, but also by daily journaling and life-reflecting assignments to find purpose, clear blockages and manifest a beautiful life for yourself and others.
* This program consists of 2 courses. The first course 'Breath is Life' is self-paced and will take around 4 weeks to complete depending on the participant’s breathwork / pranayama experience. Completion of this course is required before one can start with the 'Life Awareness Breathwork Instructor' course.
* This is a Yoga Alliance Registred Course which gives the student 37 CEU points.
Benefits of this Breathwork Instructor course
Who is this course for?
What is included in this course?
This is an official Yoga Alliance® Registered pranayama and breathwork course which gives the student 37-hours Yoga Alliance® CEU points.
This complete Breathwork Instructor program consists of 2 parts
Part 1: 'Breath is Life' Breathwork & Pranayama course
First we will do the 'Breath is Life' Breathwork & Pranayama course (included in your purchase). An extensive self-paced course in which you will:
- Learn 20+ different types of modern breathwork & ancient pranayama techniques
- Master the art of meditation
- Get a profound understanding of the workings of the mind and emotions
- Learn simple & effective stretching and strengthening routines
- Develop a daily routine of breathwork & mind training practices
How much time you need for this depends on your breathwork/ pranayama experience. When you feel you have mastered these techniques you can start the 4-week 'Breathwork Instructor' course to become a certified teacher.
Part 2: A 4-week Breathwork Instructor training program
This Breathwork Instructor course consists of 4 pillars over 4 weeks, namely:
- Theory & science of breathwork
- Becoming a great teacher
- Mastering the techniques by teaching
- Setting your goals & the business side of teaching
Every week for 4 consecutive weeks we will focus on one pillar to make you the ultimate Breathwork Instructor that is able to create positive change in the lives of others.
Week 1: The Science of Breathing and breath-holding
There’s plenty of scientific proof backing up the benefits of breathwork.
✓ Basic & advanced anatomy and physiology of breathwork
✓ Sympathetic and Parasympathetic nervous system
✓ Human Stress Response
✓ The Bohr Effect
✓ Effects of Hyperventilation & Hypoventilation
Week 2: Becoming a truthful and inspiring teacher
The vision of the Life Awareness Project is that to become a good instructor, you have to become what you teach.
✓ How to live a healthy and energetic life yourself?
✓ What are your abilities and limitations as a guider/teacher?
✓ Live what you teach to truly inspire others
✓ How to create profound, yet safe, experiences for your students/clients
✓ During the 4-week course, you will do daily journaling assignments and breathwork sessions to enhance your personal development
Week 3: Mastering the techniques by teaching & guiding others
To teach in a safe way, you will need to master the techniques. Different situations & groups require different practices. You will learn the framework for creating a session as well as breathwork techniques.
✓ How to prepare for your sessions
✓ How to create the best possible experience for your students
✓ How to teach different types of people
✓ New breathing techniques for different types of people
✓ A step-by-step tutorial on how to guide a session
Week 4: Continuing your journey as a teacher
Next to the theory & practice of pranayama is it important to dive a little bit into the business side of teaching and coaching.
✓ How to get new students
✓ Reach out and create a following on social media
✓ Pricing of your sessions
✓ How to plan your sessions
✓ Technical details on how to create online & offline sessions
✓ Client management
✓ Scheduling your sessions
✓ Online and offline teaching
Starting dates for this course
Week 1: Starting your Journey
- The goal of breathwork and meditation
- For the coming 4 weeks train yourself to become a good teacher
- Daily Journaling assignment
- Building an audience and creating an interest in your work
- Lifestyle and habits
Week 1: The science of breathing
- The essence of breathing - Why we breathe - Breathing muscles
- Basic anatomy of the breathing system
- Advanced breathwork knowledge - Part 1 (Importance of CO2 - Hyper&Hypoventilation - O2 levels - Vasoconstriction - The Bohr Effect)
- Advanced breathwork knowledge - Part 2 (Tetany - Tingling - Dizziness - Fainting - Feeing cold)
- Advanced breathwork knowledge - Part 3 (Hypoxia - Intermittent hypoxia - Long breath-holds - Slow breathing )
- Advanced breathwork knowledge - Part 4 (CO2 and O2 levels in breathwork explained)
- Respiratory muscles chart
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from the 'Breath Is Life course' - What is Pranayama
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from the 'Breath Is Life course' - Breathwork & meditation
- Week 1 Summary - Breathwork knowledge and anatomy
- Join the Facebook Breathwork Instructor Group
Life Awareness Sessions: Movement - Breathwork - Meditation
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO: 4 Types of Breathwork & Pranayama
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO: A talk about advanced Pranayama
- SESSION: Basic session 1 - Simple, beginner, deeply relaxing, breathing session
- SESSION: Basic session 2 - Deeper breathing session to go into a meditative state
- SESSION: Basic energy releasing and centering session
- SESSION: Intermediate session 1 - Healing and cleansing heart and mind
- SESSION: Intermediate session 2 - QiGong, breathwork, creating inner peace
- SESSION: Intermediate Session 3 - Boosting Energy & Immune System
- SESSION: Intermediate session 4 - Manifestation session
- SESSION: Intermediate session 5 – Opening hips, mind and heart
- SESSION: Advanced Pranayama session 1 (Video session)
- SESSION: Advanced Pranayama session 2 (Video session)
- Conscious Connected Breathing - Many variations & many names
- Conscious Connected Breathing session
- SESSION: Setting your Intention
- Create a session for yourself you can do every day
Week 2: Personal development to become a great teacher
- Reminders for week 2
- Guiding others - You cannot give what you don't have
- Diet & nutrition - You are what you eat
- Proper diet & Nutrition overview (text)
- Subtle & Gross layers of reality
Week 2: The power of the breath
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from the 'Breath is Life' course - 'Tuning of the breath'
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic nervous system & Human Stress Response
- Strong vs Gentle breathing practices - Part 1
- Breathwork/ Yoga when menstruating
- Breathwork and Pranayama when pregnant
- Right and wrong breathing habits
- Importance of Nasal breathing
- Benefits and precautions of Breathing practices
- Benefits and precautions of all breathing techniques (written)
- Different breathing techniques as different tools
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from the 'Breath Is Life' course - 'A talk about advanced pranayama'
- Breathing more than just air, breathing with all layers of your being
- Week 2 Summary
Week 3: Teaching & guiding others
- Reminders for week 3
- Introduction to 'Cleansing of the heart center' session
- SESSION: Cleansing of the heart (emotional) center
- Guiding others Part 1 - Creating a profound experience
- Strong VS Subtle breathing practices - Part 2
- Guiding others Part 2 - The right setting, atmosphere and energy
- Guiding others part 3 - Give time, create space
- Teaching seniors
- Teaching children
- The importance of movement and warming up before a breathing session
- SESSION: Stretching of the breathing muscles/ warm-up before breathwork session
- Safety and guidelines when guiding a session
- Step-by-step explanation: How to guide a session
- Creating a session. Setting the right atmosphere. Using props.
- Framework for creating a session
- Questions for a participant before doing a session
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from the 'Breath Is Life' course - 'Layers of the Self'
- Week 3 Summary
- Benefits of Pranayama
Week 4: Continuing your journey as a teacher
- Reminders for week 4
- Taking credit for your work and the ego
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from 'Breath Is Life' course - 'Taking the awareness deeper within'
- What is success?
- Business/ Sharing your knowledge and making it supportive for yourself and others
- Manifesting your goals
- What do you need to create online sessions?
- Assignment: Recording a session
- Boundaries and limitations of work
- Booking, reservation, payment and pricing
- ESSENTIAL VIDEO from the 'Breath Is Life' course - Your 'True Nature'
- Assignment: Creating a session 1 | Group of 30 year old business women
- Assignment: Creating a session 2 | One-on-one session - 58 year old lady
- Assignment: Creating a session 3 | Group of advanced yogis
- Assignment: Creating a session 4 | Office employees lunchbreak session
- Week 4 Summary
- Breathwork Instructor Course Exam
- Email template for getting students
- Liability form/ Waiver/ disclaimer
- BIC logo kit
It can happen that you cannot join some of the Live Q&A sessions for whatever reason. It is of course best to join them, however, if you can't join the live session it is still possible to watch it afterward as well. All students will get exclusive access to all recorded material.
To join the 4-week breathwork Instructor course one must have:
- First complete the ‘Breath Is Life’ breathwork & meditation course. This course is included. (See course here)
- An honest and truthful desire to share this knowledge and not only use it for business purposes
- A strong commitment for the coming 4 weeks to spend 2 x 40 minutes a day to learn more about the techniques and to become a great teacher
There will be 4 live sessions, all on Saturday at 4 PM London time. They will take around 60 minutes.
You will receive a link before the session. Just follow the link on any of your devices and you can join the live group session straight away.
You will learn the following breathwork/pranayama techniques:
✓ ChidShakti pranayama | energy & consciousness awakening breathing
✓ Yogic breathing | full-body breathing/ Wim Hof Breathing
✓ Anulom Vilom pranayama | alternate nostril breathing
✓ Shodhana pranayama | energy channel purification breath
✓ Kapalbhati pranayama | skull cleansing breath
✓ Bhastrika pranayama | breath of fire
✓ Ujjayi pranayama | victorious breath
✓ Energy Awakening Spinal Breath | kundalini awakening breath
✓ Kaki Mudra pranayama | crow’s beak breath
✓ Pranava pranayama | universal energy breathing
✓ Bahya pranayama | expelling breath
✓ Bhramari pranayama | bees breath
✓ Sama Vritti Pranayama | Box/ square breathing & Triangular breathing
✓ Vishama Vritti Pranayama | Uneven ratio breathing techniques
✓ Conscious Connected Breathing
✓ Udgeeth pranayama | chanting of AUM
In this 4-week course it is not only the goal to be knowledgable in the facts scientific facts and know-how of breathwork, but also to BE a good teacher by developing your own practice and get clear what your true goal is in life and what could be blocking you from reaching this.
So, besides watching and studying the pre-recorded lectures, you will also have to do daily breathwork sessions (either guided sessions or by yourself) and make daily journaling assignments. This will take around 2 x 50 minutes of your day, depending on the session you want to do.
The course takes 4-weeks and consists of the following elements you will have to do every day, in your own time at your own pace:
- Watch/ study the pre-recorded video lectures and written lectures. (5 - 20 minutes per lecture)
- Daily journaling assignment for the morning and evening (this will take about 5-10 minutes per session)
- Doing a breathwork session by yourself or do one of the guided sessions that are included in the course. (30 - 50 minutes per session)
Also, there will be live Q&A sessions. If you somehow cannot join them, you can watch a recording of the session. There will be:
- 1 live welcoming video session with an explanation and a short meditation to set your intention for your path to becoming a great teacher.
- 4 live video sessions with Q&A of around 60 minutes every Saturday during the 4-week course at 16:00 (London time)
During the 4-week course, there will be 5 live sessions every Saturday at 16:00 - London Time.
In case you cannot make it to the live sessions, which of course can happen, you can watch a recording of the session.
You'll have one year of access to the course material.
It is my mission to share this knowledge with as many people as possible, not to make it a business. There are of course a lot of costs made and people have to be paid (a programmer, web designer, marketing personnel, advertisements, my own cost of living, etc...). This is what I feel is a fair price to pay for this knowledge, to have the commitment and to support our project.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, one must have done all the lectures and must pass the test at the end of the course. You will then receive your certificate in the app!